Book Review: Heaven Is For Real

I read Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent on the airplane on my way to Arizona in March. I was skeptical about this boy who visited heaven and came back so I was not sure what to think about the book. Several people I knew had read the book so I decided to read it. I ended up enjoying the book and felt the story was believable.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I read this book aloud to my 9 year old son. What surprised me was that my son was also skeptical after I read to him the back cover at the beginning and he said that that young boy must surely be lying, he couldn't remember all those things.  . .but by the end of the book my son was also convinced that Colton was indeed telling the truth. He also seemed to have  more confidence in the power of prayer than he had had before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman