Book Review:The Fine Art of Insincerity

I picked up this book looking for a light read. . .it wasn't a light read but The Fine Art of Insincerity by Angela Hunt was a good read. Three sisters in the South travel to St. Simons Island to empty their late grandmother's house. Ginger is the oldest sister. Penny is the middle sister and Rosemary is the youngest in the trio. All sisters come together for a "girls only" weekend that forces them to look at each other and look at themselves as they all face big life issues as they clean out Grandmother Lillian's belongings.

I found this to be a quick read, but it wasn't light-hearted chick lit as I expected when I looked at the beach cover. There were some heavy issues dealt with in this book but Angela Hunt writes a book that leaves you wondering how it is going to go until the end. I thought the ending was good and I am glad I took the time to read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman