Book Review: Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren

I've never really read a book like this about time travel and romance ever. I think it made it that much more interesting as it was something completely different for me to read. . . I savored the last book in the River of Time series, Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren. I can't begin to tell you how much I really enjoyed this series. This last book was truly my favorite but it took the other books to get to this place so I must say I enjoyed them all.

Publisher's Description: When Gabi and Lia finally learn to surf the river of time, they realize they must make hard choices about life and love in the third and final book in the River of Time series. Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times. But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever—even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population. In the suspenseful conclusion of the River of Time series, every decision is about life … and death.

This book offered some of the special scenes that I truly wanted to read even if I really didn't consciously know that until I read them. It was interesting to have Gabi and Lia's father there with them this time around. Then there were some twists and turns that Bergren added that I didn't see coming at all. I was a little frustrated in one place when I thought what I wanted to happen wasn't going to. . .although thankfully to my relief it did. . .but I don't want to say too much to spoil it for you so I will stop there except to add that in the end I was satisfied. These books are all worth the time to read for the adventurous story element and the romance element. As a Christian, I wish that Lisa Bergren would have made Gabi's faith and growth in coming to know God clearer. Her spiritual awakening seemed to be pretty subtle and I found some of the religious aspects of the book to be confusing. Still, I did really enjoy them and I hope that they were a big enough hit that the publisher and Lisa Bergren decide to go on with the series to develop more of Lia and Luca's story.

I purchased this book from Amazon for my Kindle. I love getting the book so quickly--especially when you are hungry to read the conclusion of a series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman