Book Review: Your 100 Day Prayer by John I. Snyder

Your 100 Day Prayer: The Transforming Power of Actively Waiting On God by John I. Snyder is an encouraging read for Christians "waiting on God." I imagine many of us are waiting on God for some "thing" in our life. I know God uses those times to help grow us, to change our character for the better and to help us actively depend on Him but the waiting can still be challenging. The back cover on this book says, "When the need is so great, so seemingly impossible that only God's direct intervention will ever bring it about, it takes a different kind of prayer." John Snyder also reminds us that "the Bible says we are to ask and then ask again. Over and Over. Day in. Day out." Snyder says that isn't his idea but based on Matthew 7:7-8. Those words spoke to me.  . .My husband, myself and my son, have all been struggling with our own big issues. We are embarking on this 100 day journey as a family but each of us are taking our one issue before God alone, as well a family as we go through this book. For the past year, I have felt that John Waller's song, "While I am Waiting." is my family's theme song. . .and yet we don't give up on God. We continue to look to Him and to pray. With this book we plan to transform our prayer time and lift up these needs in a new way.  Each day's reading time and prayer takes just a short amount of time but the scripture, reading and prayer for each day are meant to help keep us focused on God's word and his character as we knock each day on God's heart. Then at the end of the day's reading, there is space to write down what you are hearing from God as you pray. I thought this could be a great reminder in future years of God's faithfulness if we take time to make notes about how God is working in our lives through this prayer book. For that reason, I am really glad I have a hard copy of the book rather than the e-book.

John I. Snyder is a pastor, author and conference speaker and founder of Community321.com. I have not previously read his work but found the readings to be helpful to us as we begin. I will add a blog update as to how this book changes us and how our prayers are answered.

I received this book at no charge from Thomas Nelson as a part of their Booksneeze blogger program. I was not required to write a positive review.

I review for BookSneeze®

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman