Journaling: My everyday life in pretty covers

I've kept a diary or journal since I was in elementary school. In 4th grade, I got a diary for Christmas and I started writing down things that happened and boys I thought were cute and all that kind of thing. Over the years, my thoughts and my life has changed but throughout it all, except for one year, I wrote on a daily basis.

My first blank books were those diaries with a page already dated for every day. That was okay except some days I wanted to write more and other days I was silly enough to write, "Nothing important happened today." Now, I'm older, and hopefully wiser, and I see important things in the little things--like the goldfinches were at the feeder today or I talk about my relationship with God on that day. But all in all, I have reached a point where no matter what I write, I like to have pretty journals to write in. In fact, as I start to reach the end of one journal, I can hardly wait to get to the next one. . . I anticipate the next pretty cover. . .and I anticipate filling that crisp new book with new adventures and better thoughts. . .even though it won't work out that way every day for real life is a mixture of both the good and the bad as we all know.

I had been thinking about my pretty journals over this past week for a couple of reasons: 1. I just started a new journal (the Ellie Claire angel journal) and 2. I read a post by Holley Gerth where she felt God telling her to rip out a page of her journal. . .and I wondered, would I like to rip out a page of my pretty journal? I'm still mulling that over. . .How about you, do you use pretty journals?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Country by Kristin Neva

13 Things Mentally Strong Parents Don't do by Amy Morin

Stones of Remembrance by Daniel G. Amen, MD