Book Review: Heaven Is For Real for Kids as told by Colton Burpo

When Heaven Is For Real for Kids came out, I couldn't wait to see it. . .and I was not disappointed. What a beautiful, well-done book! My son liked it so well that he said that he wished he could give it extra stars. That is pretty high praise from my 9-year-old.

Heaven Is For Real for Kids tells Colton Burpo's story, as told to his parents, of his trip to Heaven during an emergency operation when he was 3 years old. While in heaven, Colton saw Jesus, angels and family members he had not met before. It is truly a fascinating story and one that has helped take some of the fear out of dying for my son. One aspect of this book that I especially like is that each reflection of Colton's is paired with a corresponding Scripture. Also, at the end of the book, there are snap shots of Colton and his family as well as a couple of others that were mentioned in the book. This is a book we will treasure for a long time.

The pictures done by Wilson Ong are beautiful--vibrant, colorful and warm. According to the book, the illustrations were done under Colton's direction and were drawn specifically to reflect his experiences.

I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson through their Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Country by Kristin Neva

Kissing Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn

Street Smarts From Proverbs by Mitch Kruse with D. J. Williams