The Sweet By and By by Sara Evans with Rachel Hauck

The Sweet By and By is a story mostly about Jade. Jade chases her dreams and owns a vintage shop after college. She has also hooked one of the area's most eligible bachelors, Max. Together, they have a pact to leave the past in the past and make their life together about moving forward. . .but does the past really stay in the past or are there repercussions in life as we move forward from our past history?

Part of this story is set in Prairie City, Iowa, not far from where I live. Prairie City is where Jade grew up and there are flashbacks to this location throughout the book. I liked that aspect of it. I can't honestly say I enjoyed all of the drama of this story. This book seems to be a rather sad tale but life is sometimes just that way. In any case, I am planning to read on in the series and see how the whole story unfolds. This is the first book in the songbird series.

I checked this book out of my local library for this review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman