Book Review: Love Lifted Me by Sara Evans With Rachel Hauck



In book 3 of the Songbird series, Jade Benson has been busy holding down the fort with her vintage shop business, the Blue Umbrella, while raising Max Benson's son, Asa, for 3 months before Max comes back home from rehab. Once Max gets home, Jade and Max work to heal their marriage. Max faces an opportunity to learn his family's law firm and coach high-school football in Texas. At first, Jade doesn't want to leave Whisper Hollow to go somewhere unfamiliar. Then God speaks to her heart and she listens. Together they all face a fresh start in Colby, Texas. But there is one more secret to be uncovered. . .and Jade wrestles with how to share that news with Max.

I recommend this book to anyone facing fears. I have faced a few of my own and that is one of the things I appreciated most about this series. . .the characters learn to face fears, each in their own ways. They have some mistakes and they continue to make mistakes but ultimately they learn to trust God. I love that as I think that is a big part of what life is all about for all of us. We just learn those lessons in different ways. However, I am not a huge football fan and football was a big part of this book and I didn't enjoy that aspect of this book much. And also there were a couple of loose ends with other characters where the reader is left hanging. All in all, though, I am glad I had the opportunity to read this whole series and watch the characters develop. If you haven't read the first 2 books, I encourage you to start at the beginning.

I received this book as a part of Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman