Book Review: Building Family Ties with Faith, Love and Laughter by Dave Stone



Dave Stone writes a book that feels like a personal conversation with a warm, family loving pastor. I enjoyed Dave's personal stories backed up with Scripture on real-life topics sure to strengthen any family that would take them to heart.

The book starts out by encouraging families to create a family mission statement. I didn't grow up in a Christian home but we want to have a close family that lives for Christ. We had never thought about doing this but I can see where it would help unify the family and clarify everyone's directions in daily life. What a great idea!. . .My family is in the process of creating ours. Developing a mission statement helps companies and organizations succeed so Stone reasons that a mission statement can also help families form a clear vision and succeed. He recommends that everyone be involved in the process instead of just imposing a mission statement on your kids. "Everyone takes ownership. Everyone is invested in the outcome," Dave says. I think this is a great idea and wish we had done this years ago. 

The rest of the book contains topics such as contentment, security, loyalty, gratitude, spontaneity, communication, and  others. I found Dave's personal anecdotes, related Scripture and other stories to be encouraging at times and gently convicting at others. I found this book to be helpful to our family and one we will refer to again and again. I would encourage any Christian wanting to build a stronger family life to read this book. It is the second in a series with the first book being "Raising Your Kids to Love the Lord."

I received this book from Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Country by Kristin Neva

Kissing Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn

Street Smarts From Proverbs by Mitch Kruse with D. J. Williams