Book Review: Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine by Max Lucado



Yes, as Max Lucado phrases it, I believe much of the time, I have settled for "wimpy grace." This is the kind of grace "that occupies a phrase in a hymn, fits nicely on a church sing, never causes trouble, or demands a response."Grace in my mind has been elusive and abstract. . .or something to say before a meal. I've been a Christian since my mid-twenties but it still has been difficult for me to understand. I grew up with the teaching that if you did something bad, you had a "come-uppance" coming. . .and I have struggled to think differently since. I knew I was saved by the grace of God when I accepted him but to really internalize hasn't been easy.

Max Lucado's latest book, Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine, has been a tool to help me see myself as someone that God could lavish Grace upon. . .and you are that someone too. Max Lucado's mixture of prose and Bible verses can help you see grace more clearly. According to Lucado, when we really understand grace, we become secure in who we are in God. Then, with that security, we become changed people who, in turn, change those around us by offering them grace.

Not only is this a great book in itself, but this book includes a Reader's Guide in the book that offers a Bible study to go along with the book, which makes it 2 books in one, I think. According to the book, the "reader's guide is a practical tool to deepen your understanding of grace, to uncover the places in your life where God's grace overflows and to identify those areas that may particularly need a touch of grace." I highly recommend both reading the book and doing the study that is included. I believe it will indeed by life changing.

I received this book at no cost from Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman