Book Review: 20,000 Days and Counting The Crash Course For Mastering Your Life Right Now By Robert Smith



How old are you? Now how old are you by counting in DAYS? As of the writing of this blog I am 17, 516 days old. That's a sobering thought to me! On the 20,000th day of his life, Robert D. Smith sent an e-mail to a group of people of all ages reminding them to live in the moment. This book is a result of that e-mail. It is intended to be short and read in under an hour.

This is a relatively short book that is a quick read. It is designed to take less than an hour. However, much wisdom is packed into a short space so that you can quickly take this information to heart and apply it to your life. I had a paper tablet along with my Kindle and took notes, as Smith suggested, taking time to apply his words to my life. If you could get this book in the hands of a younger adult, it would be especially great, but it is a book that could help most of us live a better life if we choose to take his suggestions to heart. I also think the more time I take to reflect on it and re-read it periodically, the more it will help me live a better life. Since it is short book, that should be easy to do.


According to Smith, "Most people sleepwalk through day-to-day life, passively letting time slip away." With the tools in this book, if applied, you can live your life more intentionally. One of my favorite quotes: "I mean to make myself a man of after God's own heart, If I succeed in that, I will succeed in everything else." Just thinking about this idea, I asked myself if I truly live my day as a woman after God's heart, how will I live it? I am inspired to live it better each day with that thought alone. Smith has several other questions to ask as you think about your purpose in each day and how you want to live your life. Also, how do you want to be known after your life is done? I would recommend it to every one.
If you want to calculate how long you have been alive in days, Smith has a place for that in his website: http://www.therobertd.com/the-book/. If you are familiar with Andy Andrews, for over 30 years, Smith has managed and overseen the career of Andy Andrews.


I received this book from Thomas Nelson as a part of their Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman