Book Review: Victim of Grace by Robin Jones Gunn






The past couple of years in my life have left me feeling like I am a victim of life's circumstances. Difficulties came to me that were not of my own making and I felt lost and abandoned by God. If we are honest, I think we have all felt that way at one time or another in life. Life is full of ups and down. In Robin Jones Gunn's new book, Victim of Grace, she shares how God is with us in all of our circumstances accomplishing His purposes in us and through us.

This is Robin's personal story of how God has used her and worked through her life--even when it didn't seem like God was working anything out. She shares how God used her writing gifts and how she got started writing. . .and how she continues to write today. She truly shows through her life's story how God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we ask or imagine. (Eph. 3:20) Robin's memoir moved me to smiles and moved me to tears. Along with her story, Robin weaves in the stories from the Bible and how God worked in their lives. Her book caused me to stop and reflect on how God has been working in my life and how to be obedient to Him at this stage of my life, even though I don't "see" how things are working out.

I wish I had had this book years ago. Robin's adult novels have encouraged me and blessed me but I did not have the benefit of growing up with her novels for teenage girls. How I wish that I had!  I feel privileged to review Robin's new book: Victim of Grace: When God's Goodness Prevails. I highly recommend this uplifting book to women of all ages.There are questions at the end of the book for book club/study discussions. It would be a great book study for a group of women.

It is currently on sale for Kindle at Amazon for 3.79. Awesome deal!:
 http://www.amazon.com/Victim-Grace-Goodness-Prevails-ebook/dp/B00A9UMMW0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I received this book from Zondervan through Booksneeze. I was not required to write a positive review.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman