Book Review: Let Hope In by Pete Wilson



As fast as I could turn the pages, I was reading Let Hope In by Pete Wilson. . .Pete offers advice in such conversational form that you feel as though you are sitting down and having a cup of coffee with this guy. Right now I am in need of Hope and I think many around me are in need of Hope.

Let Hope In by Pete Wilson offers stories from the Bible as well as real-life stories from other people sharing how we can overcome pain and shame in our past and learn to look to the future with God, who is a God of Hope. We can learn to trust God instead of looking to just please God. We can learn to give thanks in the midst of difficult circumstances knowing that God will use them for our God in the end. We can also learn to encourage others. Pretty much every person you meet has been hurt at some time in their life. "Hurt people hurt people but free people have the power to free people," according to Pete Wilson. That was one of my favorite quotes in the book.

I did find a lot of encouragement in this book. I learned some things but I also liked that Pete Wilson helped me see how I could apply what I learned to make my life better. I can let hope in and trust God by making some changes in how I do some things and think about things. I also appreciate how down-to-earth this author is and how he shares his own struggles with the reader too. I would recommend this book to everyone. It is helpful for those who know they need hope and those who don't realize it yet, in my opinion.

I received this book from Thomas Nelson at no charge. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman