Book Review: The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate






I was thrilled to win a copy of The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate a couple of weeks ago. I started reading right away and just savored time with this book daily. I truly believe God knew I needed the hope offered in this book and, if you haven't read it, you do too.

Iola Anne Poole dies on Hatteras Island in a large old Victorian house at the age of ninety-one. Probably not very noteworthy in itself, but there is a bit of a mystery surrounding this elderly women. Tandi Jo Reese, a young mother of two, staying in one of the rental houses near the mansion and soon finds herself with a job to clean out the house. Tandi is hiding on the island from her past, which may even come back to haunt her, which is her constant fear.Yet, through this job Tandi finds herself learning about how to move from the past and be able to live in the present with her head held high. . .through Iola's history written in her 81 prayer boxes filled with letters to God.

One of my favorite quotes from the book is on page 266, "Remember that you are God's not theirs." in reference to worrying about what other people think of us. What a great reminder that is no matter how old we are.

If you haven't read Lisa's book yet, I'd encourage you to get a copy. I think you will be inspired and encouraged through the stories of Iola and Tandi--two women who learned from life, grew from it and increased their faith in God. You may even be inspired to make your own prayer box. . .I know I want to but I haven't done one yet or I would post a picture.

I received a copy of this book from thechristianmanifesto.com The views expressed are my own and I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman