Book Review: The In-Between: Embracing the Tension Between Now and the Next Big Thing by Jeff Goins

There are three words that are commonly found on pictures, notebooks, rugs, what have you these days, "Live Laugh Love." I bought a couple of these items to remind myself that I need to do just what those words say. . .But some days it doesn't feel like I am. It feels like life is mundane and I'm not getting anywhere--until I picked up The In-Between by Jeff Goins.

The In-Between helps me see how life is really being lived when we are in-between jobs, waiting for the bills to get paid off, or just hanging out with friends relaxing while watching TV. This book is mostly memoir style with some other snippets of people's lives at the end of each chapter. As I read through Jeff's life essays and his thoughts on how we are truly living for God in this life, I reflected on my life. I could see how different phases of my life were used to grow me and how those times where not much seemed to be happening in the ways that I wanted them to at least, were really growing and shaping me into who God wants me to be. A process we are all still in as our own stories are being lived.

I found this book to be easy to read but insightful and one that caused me to reflect and grow. I recommend it to anyone, but especially to someone who finds life mundane or is waiting for "the next big thing" to come along.

I received this book from Story Cartel at no charge. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman