Book Review: Packing Light by Allison Vesterfelt



Packing Light by Allison Vesterfelt is a travel adventure for the armchair adventurer. I enjoyed this memoir of 2 single women traveling to all 50 states on their own. One with dreams of being a singer and the other with dreams of becoming a writer. As they go into the adventure and living their dreams, they sell almost everything to do so. . and along the way, they decide what to keep and what to get rid of to continue to journey without getting bogged down. . .both physically and in their spiritual and relational lives.

I enjoyed this book but I like memoirs and biographical books with a spiritual slant. I come from the background that you can always learn something from reading someone else's story. I could especially relate well to Allison's story because I have a similar personality.  . .I don't take risks easily. . .and I would need a nudge to go on this type of journey myself without chickening out. Then the adventure itself was fun to read about as the girls faced both fun times and challenges on their trip. . and coping with living in close proximity with another friend. I also liked how she shared her changing faith in God throughout the story. And, in the end, I enjoyed knowing that Allison's dream was realized as she wrote the book that I was reading. Her book also challenged me to look at my own life differently as I go into the future with hopes, dreams and challenges of my own.. .As well as how my faith in God fits into my future plans. I would recommend this book but I give it 4 stores because I thought there were a few places she was repetitious.

I received this book at no charge from the publisher on my Kindle. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman