Book Review: The Power of Hope by Dutch Sheets



The Power of Hope by Dutch Sheets is a small book that is full of help to renewing your hope if you are in a place of needing hope. This is my first book by Dutch Sheets and I did find it encouraging. I have been going through several challenging life situations lately and my hopes were indeed dwindling.

I found this book to be a good source of encouragement and inspiration that is solidly based on Scripture. Sheets shares encouraging stories of real life people in both today's world and Biblical times. I liked that each chapter was fairly short because I needed to reflect on his words after each chapter. I liked that this book offers journal pages in the back of the book. Each chapter then offers specific advice on what to reflect on from that chapter in the journal, how to apply truths from the chapter, and a prayer to pray. I especially liked that the prayer was all ready for me to pray because there were days I just wasn't sure how to pray. Also, there were a list of Bible Verses to read that went along with each chapter. I read it in the morning and used it as my Quiet Time ready with the Bible verses. I also took my time going through it to gain insights in God's Word and my situation through the book.

I would encourage anyone to read this book who has faced some challenges and is starting to feel overwhelmed or spiritually dry. I think I would also feel comfortable giving this book to Christians that I know who could use some encouragement. As I mentioned above, I would encourage anyone to take their time and let the lessons sink in, in order to glean the most from the book.

I received this book from  Charisma House at no charge. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman