Bible Review: NIV God's Word for Gardener's Bible from Zondervan

I'm a gardener and I come from a family of gardeners. I also married a gardener and connected with his family of gardeners. When the NIV God's Word of Gardeners Bible came out, I knew I needed to get one. I was not disappointed.

Shelley Cramm had the inspiration to write a gardeners Bible from her background in architectural and garden design, along with her involvement in local Bible study groups, Moms in Prayer and Moms of Preschoolers. I think Cramm did a beautiful job of putting it all together in this Bible.

According to the back cover, The NIV God’s Word for Gardeners Bible will inspire you to seek God in a personal way through informative essays, devotional readings and prayers that explore the nature of the gardener’s work, the rewards of gardening, the influence of seasons and weather, and the joy of the harvest. This Bible contains 260 daily and 52 weekend readings throughout the bible that explore gardens/gardening aspects in God's Word. There are also special sections that focus on the Garden of Eden and other gardens mentioned in the Bible. A topical index focused on garden-interest topics for 52 weeks is also part of this Bible that will "grow your faith while growing your garden." (from the cover)

This Bible is not only interesting from a Christian and a gardening perspective. It is also beautiful. The hard cover has a gorgeous photo of purple flowers, garden gloves and tools all done in shades of purple and green. My husband and I both thought this would be a great gift for a gardener we know put into a basket along with some gloves, seeds, tools, etc.

If you have an interest in gardening and want to learn more from a Biblical perspective, or know of someone who does, I highly recommend this Bible.

I received this Bible from Zondervan at no charge. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman