Book Review: Crash The Chatterbox by Stephen Furtick


I don't know about you, but there are days I know my self talk isn't good. Days those negative voices get the bigger spot in my head then I would like. Steven Furtick's new book, Crash the Chatterbox, offers great advice on "Hearing God's voice above all others" and helping you deal with those negative thoughts or inner chatter.

Pastor Furtick focuses on four areas that are difficult for most people: insecurity, fear, condemnation, and discouragement. In answer to these four areas, Furtick reminds us in response to these areas, through four sections in this book, that our God Says I am, our God says He will, our God says He Has and our God says I can. With God we can overcome the negative chatter in each of these areas by continuing to focus on Him and His Word.

Steven Furtick uses vivid stories from Scripture, from his life and from other real life people. I found this book to be quite helpful and the illustrations stuck with me. I didn't rush through it though, I took my time and let Furtick's words sink in. I recommend that you do the same thing. There is also a section at the back of the book with discussion questions for groups using this book or to ask yourself as you read it to get more out of it. I recommend this book to anyone wanting to help change the focus of their inner chatter. I read his book Greater and did a study on it. It was good too, but this book really spoke to me more deeply.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Steven Furtick

Steven Furtick
Steven Furtick is the founder and lead pastor of Elevation Church.

In just under seven years, Elevation Church has grown to more than 10,000 people in weekly attendance, meeting at seven locations in the Charlotte, North Carolina area. Elevation has been named one of the fastest growing Churches in America by Outreach Magazine for each of the past six years.

Pastor Steven has been privileged to minister to a global audience, speaking at conferences and churches around the world, including Catalyst Conference, Hillsong Conference, and the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit. He is the author of the New York Times best-selling book, Greater, and the nationally acclaimed Sun Stand Still.

Pastor Steven holds a Master of Divinity degree from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.

He and his wife Holly live in the Charlotte area with their two sons, Elijah and Graham, and daughter, Abbey.
- See more at: http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/author-spotlight.php?authorid=117906#sthash.CtCCu5iN.dpuf

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman