Coloring Book Review: Cats In Paris from Won-Sun Jang





Take an artistic trip to Paris. From its fabled streets and alleyways, from the hill of Montmartre and Shakespeare & Company bookshop to Notre-Dame Cathedral, one can take a magical coloring trip with cats throughout the famous City of Light.Cats in Paris features pen and ink drawings of cats of all kinds-Persian, Siamese, Tabbies, and more.

According to the author, Won-Sun Jang, a cat's charm cannot be expressed in just one way so there is plenty of room for creativity with this adult coloring book. . .the sketches, lines and patterns leave room for you to express your individuality. The paper in this book is sturdy and heavy and I think several mediums would work well with it. I used colored pencils for my samples and they went on nicely but I would try markers as well as I don't think they would bleed through, although pictures are on both sides of the pages in this book.  I liked that most of these pictures did not have a lot of small detailing to color. I like the larger coloring pictures better. I enjoyed the pages I colored, although several of the scenes go off of the edge of the book, and I did find that aspect a bit challenging.

This book would be great for any cat lover and it would also make a great gift for any creative coloring cat lover.




I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman