Unashamed by Christine Caine



Christine Caine's new Christian self-help book, Unashamed, offers advice to readers on how to live the life Christ offers for you and lose baggage and shame to better do that. Caine shares from her life and from the life of other women how shame and the consequences of shame can affect life. She also shares through this book just what shame is, how we can feel shame, and how we can tear down the walls of shame and live our life without fear and shame.

Unashamed for me was helpful. . .but it was also a little ho hum. Since I enjoyed her first book, Undaunted, so much, maybe my hopes were too high. I also recently finished reading Brene Brown's books dealing with shame and attended a ladies retreat at my church that related Brown's books on shame to God's word and the Christian life. . .Because of that experience, I didn't especially learn anything new from this book. However, it did offer good reinforcement for what I had already learned and she quotes from Brown in this book. I also remembered some of Caine's history shared in this book that she shared in Undaunted. If you have not read Brene Brown's books or Caine's previous book, I believe this book will be much more helpful and interesting to you and I would recommend it. She also shares helpful Bible verses in chapter 8 to help you renew your mind and grow through affirmations that come from God's word. That chapter was especially good and helpful.

I received this book from the publisher, Zondervan. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman