Giddy Up, Eunice: Because Women need Each Other by Sophie Hudson


As women in our modern world, we need to be there for each other. Giddy Up, Eunice is a book about how we can support each other as women across generational lines. I love that idea. I sometimes wish I had been born in a different era because I think many women don't have a lot of personal in-contact support these days in the midst of all of our social media options. In this book, Sophie Hudson shares how we can still connect personally with the women of all ages in the midst of our busy modern lives.

The first section of Giddy Up, Eunice shares the Bible story of Mary and Elizabeth and how they supported one another through their pregnancies even though there was a huge age difference. The second section of the book is based on the relationships of Ruth and Naomi from the Bible and how they supported each other through challenges and change. The third section relates to Lois and Eunice from the book of 2 Timothy and how women in all ages groups can support each other and to help raise up new generations of godly young people. All of these sections help the reader to relate those Biblical women's relationships to the women in your life today.

 I have to be honest and say it took me a little bit to get into Giddy Up, Eunice. I have not read Sophie Hudson's previous books nor have I read her Boo Mama blog. To start with, I struggled with her writing style and her many references to television shows. I don't watch much TV so I wasn't always sure what she was talking about when she referred to some TV shows. Some of her slang was also difficult for me to relate to. If you are a younger reader and watch TV more than I do, this may not bother you. Or maybe it is because I am from the Midwest and Sophie is a Southern gal. However, having said that, the more that I read this book, the more I liked it. She does have a lot of good advice and analogies to relate to helping women relate to each other today no matter what their age, stage in life or geographical location is. I would recommend it for those reasons. There is not a list of study questions in this book, but it would still be a good book for a women's study to discuss together.

I received this book from Broadman and Holman. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman