One of the Few by Jason B. Ladd

One of the Few by Jason B. Ladd is part autobiography and part a study of religion and the Christian Faith. 

As I read One of the Few, I found Ladd's military story to be quite interesting. While I don't have a military background, I do have a lot of respect for the men and women who serve our country. Ladd also shares how he met his wife, including how their relationship began both from the world's standpoint and where they both stood spiritually. I found it interesting to follow his path to faith. I have a minor in religious studies that I earned while I was doing my own spiritual searching in college. I could understand much of what he was saying about other religions and how they compared to Christianity. I have been a Christian Believer for many years now but I think I would have found this book to be even more interesting when I was spiritually searching.

Overall, I think there is an interesting story of a man coming to faith in One of the Few. At the same time, I struggled with some of his transitions between his autobiographical story and the Christian worldview. I sometimes struggled to follow him from one element to the next. For me I think this book would almost be better as two books instead of going back and forth between his life and analysis of the Christian faith. Also, there is a lot to think about in the book so it was not a quick read for me. That being said, I still think this is a book worth reading and would especially be of interest to those with a military background and those who are spiritually searching.

I received this book as a gift from the author. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman