Christmas Quiet by Maisie Sparks and Lauren Younis


Since I was a child, I have always loved coloring and found it relaxing. The new Christmas Quiet coloring book and devotional provides a way to color, relax and enjoy the season with devotionals that help me keep my "Mary" focus on Jesus instead of bustling about like "Martha."

In the preface of Christmas Quiet, Maisie Sparks shares how she made a choice to stop the frantic Christmas rush through the season and discover the gift of waiting for Christmas. Sparks shares how she spends the first Saturday in December gathering with a group of women at a retreat site to collectively slow their pace and relish a day of silence to focus on an upcoming season of peace. Sparks encourages you through Christmas Quiet to also give yourself permission to meditate on the readings in this coloring book and focus on the true meaning of the Christmas.

Each of the 25 readings starts with a Bible verse followed by a related devotional meditation and concludes with a question, something to do, or thought for you to think about as you shift your focus for the season. Each of the readings are just a page long but they are packed with thoughts to help you meet Jesus more deeply through the Christmas season.

The coloring pictures from Lauren Younis in Christmas Quiet are just beautiful. I will share two here that I colored as samples. The paper is thick and heavy with a blank backside. I used Crayola Twistables and T J Maxx fluorescent colored pencils but markers or even paints could be used with this nice heavy paper. I know this coloring book and the readings will be a favorite for me this holiday season. I also like that in the back of the book there are a few lined pages entitled "Notes for Quiet Reflection" for you to write on as you meditate on the daily readings. The whole book could really become your Christmas reflection coloring devotional journal of sorts. I highly recommend it to those who want to slow down this Christmas season and enjoy a creative focus.




I received this book from Hachette Book Group. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman