Everything You Need You Have by Gerad Kite



I was intrigued by the description for Everything You Need You Have. Gerad Kite is an Acupuncture Master who formerly was a psychotherapist. Currently, I have been getting acupuncture treatments for some health issues so I thought the book might be helpful to me.

At first, I thought Everything You Need You Have was too deep. I struggled initially to get into his whole metaphor of life being like a pendulum to be at home in yourself. Then as I continued on through the book and reading through the many instances of sharing other people's stories and how this metaphor helped them in their lives, I began to understand it more and became able to feel like I could apply it to my own life. At the same time, I still felt like a lot of his information was more geared towards another psychologist than to the average person. I enjoyed the personal stories that Kite shared the most as I worked my way through the book to apply the principles to my own life. Kite goes through 10 steps, with each step being a chapter, along with some other pertinent information in the awareness, surrender and being chapters.

Everything You Need You Have was based on the ancient Chinese philosophy. Kite uses his experience from his own life and as a relaxation and acupuncture expert to help many different people in all types of situations. If you have interests along this line, then you may enjoy this book. However, if deep topics and philosophical thinking challenge your mind and make your head hurt, like it did me, then it may not be the book for you.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman