People of the Second Chance by Mike Foster



People of the Second Chance by Mike Foster offers encouragement for those who need a second chance and advice for those who want to help prodigals get a second chance. Foster is down to earth and the book reads like getting together with your good friend and sharing over coffee.

Foster is the chief chance officer at People of the Second Chance. This non-profit group helps people see that they can be redeemed in spite of stories that are less than. Foster shares his story as the book begins and tells about his own need for a second chance. People of the Second Chance offers inspiration and encouragement for most of us that would be reading it and are in need of God's grace and grace from those we meet.

I thought People of the Second Chance had a lot of good information and advice in it. As someone who has needed a second chance a time or two, I found it encouraging and uplifting. However, I have to admit for this book, I would have liked to have seen a warmer, more inviting cover for this book. Honestly, I think it leaves me thinking more coldly of this book before I started to read then it should have. These warm, inviting words need to be wrapped with a warm, inviting cover to catch the buyer's eye in my opinion. I recommend that you look past the cover if you feel similarly and pick up a copy of this book anyway.
I received People of the Second Chance from Blogging for Books for this review. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

About Mike Foster:
Mike Foster is the Chief Chance Officer at People of the Second Chance. He has dedicated his life to helping people relaunch their lives with a sense of hope and purpose. He has been featured on Good Morning America, The 700 Club, and in The New York Times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman