Tranquility: A Prayer and Reflection Coloring Journal from Tyndale House


One of the ways I best relax and diffuse stress is by spending time with God and creating. I like that Tranquility: A Prayer and Reflection Coloring Journal offers a way to do that in this beautiful little book.

Tranquility has pages designed for uplifting your spirit through prayer and meditation, coloring, journaling, and drawing. In the introduction, you are encouraged to, "take it Slow," and to use the journal in your own way to reflect and connect with God in a creative way that is meaningful for you.

I like the journaling prompts, prayers, and coloring pictures in Tranquility. I would encourage everyone to have sharp colored pencils ready for their creative work in this book as the coloring designs are on the smaller side. I also think the pages are too thin to use markers so I would stick with colored pencils. The coloring designs do have a bit of pre-printed coloring already done to them on some of the pages which means you'll want to stay within their color scheme, which may limit some people's creativity a bit. The cover is a thick cardboard and I am not sure how well I think that will hold up over long-term use but it is quite pretty. Other than those few concerns, if you are a creative individual or know some who is, this is a lovely little book for using your gifts to grow and connect with God. I know it is one that I will use that will help me learn, create and grow in God.

This picture shows how part of the tea cup comes with pre-printed coloring. It is a lovely picture though and will be fun to finish coloring it all .

I received Tranquility from Tyndale House Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman