Whispers of Rest by Bonnie Gray

Whispers of Rest: 40 Days of God's Love to Revitalize Your Soul by Bonnie Gray is a beautiful devotional book that truly is refreshment for your soul.

According to Gray, Whispers of Rest is a "devotional detox for your soul" designed to guide you to feeling more peaceful while you savor the fact that you are God's beloved. In order to use this book to it's full potential, Gray says that you will need three things: a journal, a quiet corner where you won't be interrupted and a desire. Each day's reading includes Scripture and thoughtful words to reflect on from the author. Then Gray includes God's Whispers to You,(words that Jesus would say to you based on Scripture), a prayer for the day, journaling questions to reflect on, an activity challenge to do something to help refresh your spirit and some notes of why that activity would by especially beneficial for you to take time to do. Some examples of the activities include walking in nature, taking time to truly savor a food experience, scheduling a coffee date with a friend, or listening to soft music. None of the activities take very long and all of the journaling questions, prayers, verses and words of wisdom from the author do make you think and reflect on God.

I found Whispers of Rest to be just what I needed for this stretch of life. I truly have felt refreshed and encouraged each day as I worked through the day's readings and activities. This is honestly one of my most favorite devotional books that I have used in recent times. I got up every day looking forward to my quiet time with God and using this book and my journal. I would encourage every one looking for a new approach to their quiet times to get one and to grow their faith while experiencing God's presence in a new way. I would also add that this devotional helped me keep thinking about the day's message throughout the day with the added activities.

I received Whispers of Rest from Hachette Book Group. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman