A Couple With Common Cents by Ryan Eidson



A Couple With Common Cents is a small book that is part short story and part study guide.

Ryan Eidson begins the book by telling the story of Jack and Tabitha and their financial struggles. Tabitha is frustrated with their family's finances and Jack is not really concerned. Over the course of the story things change and the couple learns to make some changes. Then the second half of the book takes the reader through questions and things to think about as the reader works on their own financial situation.

I like the cover of this book. For a book that is published by a small subsidy publisher, I think it looks quite professional. My husband and I are graduates of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University so we have studied finances together already and have been working to make changes to improve our situation. Ramsey runs a well-polished machine and you can't beat those materials. I could see where using this book could be helpful in a group study setting for discussion and it is less costly than Ramsey's materials. However, I would add that I don't think the short story writing is too good. It doesn't seem realistic to me in some places and the writing is quite amateurish. However, that doesn't mean it can't make a good discussion though in the right group setting. I do think the study guide part of the book is well written and provides good food for thought.

I received this book from winning a Goodreads drawing. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman