Fierce Hearted by Holley Gerth


Holley Gerth has been a favorite writer for many years. She always inspires me to be my best self. That doesn't mean I need to be perfect, rather I just need to be all ME. Fiercehearted is her latest inspiring book for women of all ages.

Fiercehearted includes 40 chapters intended to encourage women to become more Fiercehearted. You may ask, just what does it mean to be a Fiercehearted women? Gerth will tell you just what that looks like in the most beautiful eloquent prose at the start and the end of the book. Then each reading will show you a bit about what that looks like in her life. Each chapter is it's own story that stands alone so this is an easy book to pick up and read any time. I liked reading it at the end of each day to give me something good to think about before going to bed. They would also be a great way to start the day, along with your devotional readings. At the end of Fiercehearted, there are discussion questions to go along with each chapter, which would make this a great book for a good group discussion among friends.

Honestly, each Fiercehearted chapter spoke to me about becoming a more fiercehearted woman little by little. Gerth doesn't come off as an author that is better than the reader. Rather, she seems to be saying that she is right in the trenches with the rest of us ladies trying to live our lives the best we can in this sometimes crazy modern world. I would recommend Fiercehearted to any woman wanting some encouragement for each day.

I received a copy of this book from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman