The Crooked Christmas Tree by Damian Chandler


The Crooked Christmas Tree by Damian Chandler offers a new way to look at God's love through God, his family and the lens of a crooked Christmas tree.

This true story starts out with a family picking out a Christmas tree. Dad wants a perfectly straight tree that he can show off to everyone who comes to the house. However, the kids have a different idea and they end up with a crooked tree. Chandler then uses the story about the Christmas tree to share how God loves us like those kids love their tree.

The Crooked Christmas Tree isn't a very big book and it looks like a quick read. For me, it wasn't a quick read though. I found Chandler's overall story to be thought provoking and it kept me reflecting on God and Christmas. At the same time, I found some of the author's slang and a few key phrases to be foreign to me as they aren't used where I live in the Midwest. That may or may not be a problem for other readers depending on where they are from. I also thought this would be a good book to read as a family but I thought parts of the story were too deep for younger children. I also found one part of the story definitely related more to adults, so I don't think it would be a good family book.  Instead, I honestly think The Crooked Christmas Tree is a better book for personal devotions and taking some personal time to reflect on the Christmas season and contemplate the story's spiritual meaning.

I received The Crooked Christmas Tree from Faithwords/Hachette Book Group. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman