The Spurgeon Study Bible from Holman Bible Publishing



Charles Spurgeon has been impacting people through his sermons since the late 1800s. He has been called the "Prince of Preachers." Holman has recently released a Spurgeon Study Bible to feature Charles Spurgeon's excerpts chosen and edited by Alistair Begg.

The CSB Spurgeon Study Bible features the text of the Christian Standard Bible "which stays as literal as possible to the Bible's original meaning without sacrificing clarity." Along with the Bible text, this Bible features an introductory biography of Charles Spurgeon, study notes taken from Spurgeon's sermons, extracted sermon illustrations on the same page as the Bible text it was taken from, Sermon notes and outlines written in Spurgeon's own handwriting, Spurgeon's quotes inserted throughout the Bible and book introductions with Spurgeon's insights.

I like this new Spurgeon Study Bible so much! Besides all of the Spurgeon information, which I find interesting and want to learn from, this Bible is physically an especially nice Bible. While the pages are thin as with most Bibles, this Bible has a dark print and text that is easy on the eyes. As I get older, I appreciate that ease of reading so much. This Bible is nicely bound with two ribbon markers, which I also quite like. It just feels even more sturdy than most Bibles. It is one I will likely just use at home and not carry to church. But if I were to carry it, I think it would stand up well although it is large and bulky as most study Bibles are. I have been a Spurgeon reader since I found one of his old books at a book sale as a baby Christian so I like having all of these notes and information about Spurgeon to further study his writings. I think it is neat that they have included pieces in his own handwriting in this Bible as well. If you are a Spurgeon fan, I think you would also enjoy this Bible for all of these reasons. Although, I should add that I am not apastor or theologian, just a layperson who enjoys learning how to live for Jesus.

I received the Spurgeon Study Bible from the publisher and Lifeway. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman