Praying the Scriptures for Your Adult Children by Jodie Berndt






I especially like the sub-title for Praying the Scriptures for Your Adult Children: Trusting God with the Ones You Love. I think that really says what we are doing when we pray. God is worthy of our trust and we have to trust that He cares for our children more than we even do.

Praying the Scriptures for Your Adult Children by Jodie Berndt is divided into 5 sections: Praying for Your Adult Child, Praying for Your Adult Child's Relationships, Praying through the Milestones in your Adult Child's life, Praying for your Adult child's Health, safety, and well-being, and Praying for your adult child's victory over temptation. Each section has three to five chapters within it. Each chapter offers both practical advice and encouraging stories from other parents. At the end of each chapter there are prayers taken from Scripture where you can insert your child's name and pray those verses for your child specifically.

Praying the Scriptures for Your Adult Children is one in a series that Berndt has written about praying for your children. My son is sixteen so I plan to get the book especially for parents that are praying for teenagers after seeing this one. However, it won't be long before my son will be an adult and this book will be even more applicable for my use. Some of the information in this book already applies to him in some places and I especially liked the chapter on praying for your child's transition to adulthood. Berndt doesn't shy away from the tough stuff many parents today face either, such as addiction, mental health struggles, sexual sin, and strength to resist a party culture.  I like the fact that it is encouraging and that it focuses on the Scripture verses for the prayers. I plan to keep my copy with my Bible for my quiet times to use them together. I think it would be a good book for any mom or dad to use in praying for their adult child.
I plan to keep my copy right along with my Bible for my quiet times.
I plan to keep my copy right along with my Bible for my quiet times.
I plan to keep my copy right along with my Bible for my quiet timesI think it would be a good book for any mom or dad to use in praying for their adult child.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman