Probing by Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt, & Alton Gansky


If you are looking for a clean, adventure-packed series to read, the Harbingers is a great one. Probing written by best-selling authors Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt, and Alton Gansky is the third in this series.

Like the first two books in the series, Probing is four stories in one book, with each story by a different author. It is written to be kind of like an ongoing television series.  Probing features the same team of four that were in the first two novels: Brenda the former tattoo artist with visions of the future; The Professor who is an athiest ex-priest; Andi the geeky Professor's assistant, and  Tank the big-hearted former football player with a gift for healing. Probing starts with Myers' story called Leviathan where the team of four is invited to watch the pilot of a new realty show called, Live or Die: The Ultimate Reality.  The second story, The Mind Pirates, features Peretti's mystery of an earring that Andi discovers has mysterious powers. The third story, The Hybrids, written by Hunt tells of the arrival of mysterious black-eyed children and a baby that disappears. The final story from Gansky is The Village. In this story, the team discovers a mystery in a small North Carolina town where they must solve a problem to help themselves and the whole town.

I am already looking forward to the next installment in the Harbingers after Probing. I think this series has only gotten better and better. I am invested in the characters and I genuinely like them all. There are some cliffhangers from this book that have left me wondering what will happen next. I find the storylines fascinating, although I admit I don't read a lot of books in this genre. My only complaint is that like many series, I have to wait for the next book when I REALLY want to read it now. If you have not read this series yet, the first book is Invitation, followed by The Assault. I highly recommend it. It would be best to start at the beginning although I don't think they would have to be read in order to be interesting.

I received Probing from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman