The Man He Never Was by James L. Rubart






Toren Daniels disappeared eight months ago. His wife and children have started living a new and better life without him. Toren was a good man--until his temper got the better of him. Then he comes back, seemingly from the dead, and shows up on their doorstep.  It is a shock to everyone. Most amazing, Toren doesn't know where he was. He only knows he feels different. Toren has also seems to be more patient and kind. He seems to be the man he always wanted to be. He seems to be transformed. But is he really?

The Man He Never Was is a fresh take on the classic tale of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It was interesting but it was a tough read for me. Honestly, I really wanted to like this book, but I didn't like it very much. It got kind of strange for me in the end. Maybe it was just too deep for me, I don't know. The last part of the book was really different. I know it is fantasy but I just had a hard time finding any of it believable. At the same time, though, I did like the spiritual aspect of the book that it was teaching. I am a fan of this author and I would keep reading his books but this one wasn't my favorite. I do like the questions in the back of the book. If a book group were to do a study on The Man He Never Was, those questions would make for some interesting discussions.

I received The Man He Never Was at no charge from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman