When God Made Light by Matthew Paul Turner Illustrated by David Catrow


When God Made Light is Matthew Paul Turner's second children book he has written and illustrated with David Catrow, following their book, When God Made You. Both of these books are beautifully written and illustrated favorites at our house.

When God Made Light is written for ages 3 to 8, but it is a great book to read at family storytime. Through lyrical prose, Turner tells how God made light and how that light helps the world around us. Then he shares how the light helps us to flourish as the light of God shines from within us.

I especially like that this book has children in it of another color than me in the illustrations throughout When God Made Light. The community where I live is made up of a wide variety of people as I live in a town with a large university. I like that my family can see children of all backgrounds represented in our books as they see children of all colors in our community. At the same time, I think we could all use books like this. God made people in various colors. Our children will likely travel and see people of other colors and cultures in their lifetime. Don't we want to create an environment of unity early on? Besides the gorgeous, brightly-colored, illustrations, I also love the lyrical prose throughout When God Made Light. I think everything works together to create a beautiful book.

I received When God Made Light from Waterbrook Multnomah publisher. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman