Singing the Scriptures by Julie Meyer


Like many Christians, you may have spent time memorizing Scripture, but what about taking the time to sing the Scriptures? Singing the Scriptures by Julie Meyer gives Christians guidance on how singing the Scriptures can lead them into a deeper spiritual life. Meyer says "it only takes a Bible and a willingness to engage God in song." I think that means means that you don't have to be the best singer, God will enjoy your voice regardless if you are willing to try it.

Singing the Scriptures offers advice and "how to" on taking scripture verses and singing them back to God as a form of personal worship. Each chapter offers practical advice and information followed by prayer, questions to ask yourself, and access to an on-line video to demonstrate how singing the scriptures works. Meyer is a Dove-nominated artist and worship leader who leads workshops on singing the scriptures so she shares from a place of knowledge as well as a heart for serving God.

I so enjoyed this little book. Singing the Scriptures is helping to change my personal worship time. I do feel more hopeful and encouraged when I take the time to sing the scriptures. While Scripture memory helps me, I found putting the verses to music helps me remember them even better. I think this book could encourage anyone to have a deeper relationship with God through singing Scripture.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman