Didn't See it Coming by Carey Nieuwhof

I think for many of us, we don't mean to get ourselves into a pickle or to get discouraged. Life goes along and we are doing the best we can when all of the sudden something else happens that seems to be the thing to totally throw us off balance. The trouble is things were getting a little helter skelter before that but we weren't aware of what was going on. In his new book, Didn't See it Coming by Carey Nieuwhof, he shares 7 challenges that happen to many people as life goes along.


Didn't See it Coming divides "the seven greatest challenges that no one expects and everyone experiences" into parts with two chapters each. The seven greatest challenges are: cynicism, compromise, disconnection, irrelevance, pride, burnout and emptiness. Me just writing what they are doesn't give you much to go on though. You really need to get the book and read Nieuwhof's heartfelt down-to-earth real stories and advice to truly learn anything from this book. I encourage everyone to do just that.


What I didn't see coming. . .this wasn't just another book launch team with me reading just another book. When I read Didn't See It Coming, Nieuwhof seemed like he was speaking to ME. I could relate to the cynicism, the disconnection, the burn out, the emptiness and so much more in this book. He challenged my thoughts and encouraged me to grow, to change and to make my relationships better with both people and my God. As I was reading, I kept sharing parts with my husband and we had some good discussions. Didn't See It Coming would also make a great book for a group study. I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone. It is one of the best books that I have read so far this year.

I received Didn't See It Coming from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman