Ours For a Season by Kim Vogel Sawyer



It is really no secret that Anthony and Marty Hirschler have problems. It seems like everyone in town knows about Marty's sadness at not being able to have children. It also seems to Marty like everyone else in her hometown and Old Order Mennonite community has a family. While Marty continues to grieve her losses, Anthony pours himself into his construction business so he doesn't have to face Marty's sadness. Then an opportunity comes up that gives them the chance to leave the area for a time and face their challenges in a new location without all of those painful reminders. Will their problems get better if they go?

Ours For a Season by Kim Vogel Sawyer kept me turning pages until I was done. I didn't want to put it down until I reached the end. Sawyer has a gift with words. I also understand this is her 50th published book. It clearly shows in her work. I found myself pulling for all of the main characters and wanting them all to succeed in their challenges. I also thought that Sawyer handled some of the tough issues that are presented in this book quite well. At the end of the book, I found myself thinking about how I could make a difference with similar social issues in my area . I not only recommend this book to the individual reader, but I also think Ours For a Season would make a good book for a book club discussion. There is a great set of questions in the Reader's Guide at the back of the book. There is also an Author's Note in which Sawyer shares where she got the idea for part of the plot of this book and why she wrote about it.

I received Ours for a Season from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman