Cozy Minimalist Home by Myquillin Smith

These past few years since we have downsized after moving four times in three years, we have been remodeling and making this last house our home. Our goal has been simple yet cozy. I haven't always known how to do that well, but I am learning thanks to The Nester (Myquillyn Smith). Her latest book, Cozy Minimalist Home is just what I have been looking for to make our living room and dining room a place of cozy rest for my family and guests.

Cozy Minimalist Home is a how to book for creating your own style in your home that is both cozy and less cluttered. Minimalism doesn't have to mean cold and empty. Instead it can be both cozy and easier to care for with less stuff  to clean and move around (CoMi style). The Nester tells us how to decorate, arrange furniture, hang curtains, buy rugs, add lighting, accessorize a room, and bring color to walls. All the while you are doing these things, she shows how you can still maintain your own sense of style that makes your home uniquely yours.

I truly enjoyed this book. I worked my way through Cozy Minimalist Home as I was reading it. I have followed The Nester for years on her blog and enjoyed reading it so much. I think that is why our bedroom was already CoMi. However, because we downsized into a smaller space, I have struggled with our living room and dining room area. This book helped me make changes immediately that left us all feeling a bit more at ease. As we finish remodeling those rooms, we have a better plan for the finished product thanks to this book. I would say that one thing I wish she had a addressed is what to do with family pieces that aren't your favorite. I have been gifted some family pieces that I feel like I have to keep forever and at times that is a struggle with knowing what to do with them. Outside of that issue, (maybe I am one of the few with this struggle?), I felt like she addressed a lot of issues and I learned more than enough to pay for the cost of the book (I pre-ordered a final copy to keep). I found a whole lot of helpful information in Cozy Minimalist Home and I would recommend it to anyone looking to make their home more cozy and to have more time for friends and loved ones to enjoy it.

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman