The Maxwell Leadership Bible by John C. Maxwell


Several years ago I heard Dr John Maxwell speak and I have been a fan ever since. However, I have never owned The Maxwell Leadership Bible. I'm not sure how this one compares to previous editions, but I like it for so many reasons!

I like that Dr. Maxwell created the study features of this Bible with people who have any kind of influence in mind--either as an executive, a coach, a teacher, a parent or any kind of leader that influences others. Right now I am mainly a parent and a teacher and this helps me remember my responsibilities.

The side bars all over are so helpful. I like the one about distraction, the enemy of direction in 1 Kings 11. There is one in 2 Samuel about people pleasing vs. God pleasing that is also helpful to me. There is a side bar in Zechariah on teachability. If we don't learn from history, we will repeat it. These are just a few examples of some great nuggets of information throughout this Bible.

Each book has an introduction that comes with special information for leaders and influencing. This beautiful study Bible also contains several summary sections at the back of it that some of some of the information from Dr. Maxwell's books: 25 Ways to Win with People, Ethics 101, Learning to Listen to God and Finishing Well, among others.

This Bible is not red letter. However, the comfort-sized 10 point print is dark and easy to read, which I especially like. I also like that there is a topical index for finding Scripture passages quickly.

This is a Bible that would be great for any business man or woman, but it is also helpful for most any of us who parent, teach or coach. I highly recommend it.

I received this Bible from Thomas Nelson through BookLook Bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman