New Every Day by Dave Meurer


I have personal experience with Alzheimer's disease and dementia as we have cared for family members and I have friends caring for family members with this disease. I understand the toll it can take on caregivers so I try to read whatever I can about this disease and how to care for those who have it. New Every Day by Dave Meurer is full of compassion and great advice for those who are caring for a loved one with this disease.

New Every Day, according to Meurer, is not written in any particular order to sort of mimic what it is like to deal with the disease that often seems somewhat random in how it presents itself. Meurer give a lot of factual information on how to care for your loved one, how to pace yourself and not burn out, how to manage the financial and legal end of things, and a lot of other good information. At the same time, Meurer encourages caregivers to keep their sense of humor throughout the book.

I think New Every Day would be especially helpful to someone new to caregiving for a family member with Alzheimers. However, there is a lot of good information and reminders that could be helpful for someone who has been helping a loved one with dementia for awhile. I appreciated all of the helpful information in this book. I also thought it was good that Meurer encourages readers to have a sense of humor. He makes jokes and shares funny stories throughout the book. Even if you don't always appreciate his joke or humor, I think the reminder to laugh and enjoy as much time as you can with your loved one is a good one to keep in mind. I would recommend New Every Day to anyone caring for a loved with Alzheimer's or another form of dementia.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman