Taste and See by Margaret Feinberg


Taste and See by Margaret Feinberg merges Food, Friends and Bible Study. Recipes are even included! For a Christian, I just don't see how it gets much better than this.

Each chapter in Taste and See is a culinary adventure with a different location featured. The author shares her adventures as she mixes food and God together and comes up with a recipe for the reader learning and growing through each chapter. At the end of each chapter, Feinberg offers an activity to do with family and/or friends around the table. There are also several recipes that look truly delicious. I especially like that the Bible is set in the Mediterranean area so these recipes are all a part of the Mediterranean diet that I choose to do each day for my health. There are recipes for baked halibut, lamb lollipops, sour dough starter and bread, roasted figs and Brussels sprouts, and gluten free dark chocolate cookies. In the back of Taste and See, there is a list of all of the recipes for easy reference. I confess that I haven't tried one yet, but I picked out several that I want to try. The recipes look easy to follow in the way they are written. There is also an accompanying Bible study book and video to this whole study even better with a group.

I especially like how conversational and down-to-earth Feinberg is in Taste and See. It was both interesting and fun to read. There are also fun pictures of Feinberg as she went to each of the places mentioned in the book to do her research. It isn't hard to visualize her making the travels or cooking with her husband. There are also side bars with extra tidbits of interesting information and simple activities to do to put faith in action. I think this would be such a fun book to do in a small group or with a group of foodie friends. I truly enjoyed the whole book.

I purchased a copy of Taste and See from Amazon. I was also a part of the launch team and read three chapters early, but I was not required to write positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman