A Life of Lovely: A Young Woman's Guide to Collecting The Moments that Matter by Annie F. Downs


A Life of Lovely by Annie F. Downs is aimed at young women--high school and college age women. I have to confess I am a little older, well, I might even be a lot older. Yet, this book spoke to me. And I know it will speak to young women. I wish I had known about books like this when I was a young woman.

A Life of Lovely starts with a note from Annie and an introduction. Then the book is divided into three sections: When lovely is lost, Collecting lovely,  and when I found lovely. Each section has  chapters full of Annie's relatable down-to-earth stories from her life and the life of those she knows. It just feels like you are sitting in a coffee shop visiting with Annie as you read the whole book.

I enjoyed reading A Life of Lovely. I enjoyed reading stories from another Christian woman who shares her struggles and how she took them to God. . .but maybe it took some time to do that. I am encouraged by her real-life stories and how she is just so relatable. I am uplifted by her encouraging words that I can overcome my struggles--even though mine are different than Annie's. I am sure yours are different too. But Annie infuses the reader with love and courage to face the challenges and to persevere through them. This is something Annie says took her some time to learn and she shares her "stuff"with us so we can learn from her. Annie challenges us to look for the lovely in our own lives and to be excited about who we are and who we are becoming. I highly recommend it to young women. (And to older women too.)

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman