Afraid of All Things by Scarlet Hiltibidal

Do you struggle with fear and anxiety? Scarlet Hiltibidal shares her struggles with fear and anxiety and how we can turn to the Gospel to shine through those fears in her new book, Afraid of All the Things.

Afraid of All the Things is divided into three sections: My fears do not define me, My fears will not defeat me, and My fears aren't forever. The whole book is mostly autobiographical with Hiltibidal sharing stories from her life that illustrate her struggles with fear and anxiety. She also weaves a lot of Scripture throughout Afraid of All the Things in and out through her stories.

I struggled to get into Afraid of All the Things initially with the author's writing style. Hilitbidal is down to earth, realistic and fairly blunt about her struggles. But once I got used to her "voice," I found the book to hold my interest. I don't struggle with anxiety now like I did many years ago, but I could relate to how unrealistic some of those fears can be. I also liked how Hiltibidal didn't just share a bunch of platitudes but she did share from her heart and her personal experiences. I think Afraid of All the Things could be especially useful to someone struggling with fear and anxiety to know another Christian woman has faced those struggles as well.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman