So Much the Better by Megan Means


So Much the Better by Megan Means is a fiction book aimed at upper elementary children and middle school children--but I was deeply touched by this moving story even as an adult.

So Much the Better is about Ari, a small lion cub who is happily living with his pride when one day everything changes and he is separated into a new and strange land. Ari is lost and feeling hopeless when a golden eagle named Eliezer befriends him and helps him grow into a stronger young lion. Eliezer also helps give him guidance on how to get back to his homeland. In the journey, Ari learns and grows through encounters with other animals. Mostly he learns and grows in confidence, compassion, wisdom, courage, self-control, purpose, determination, patience, self-esteem, joy, forgiveness, love, leadership, and helps bring unity to others.

I truly enjoyed reading So Much the Better. This book made me think and reflect on my own life. I am sure it would be great to teach children. My son is an older teenager now, but he would have enjoyed this book at a younger age. I think it is both uplifting and inspiring to all ages. I would recommend So Much the Better to upper elementary ages and above.

I received this book from the author as a part of the CWA Review Crew. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman