Ephesians: A Biblical Commentary by Joyce Meyer

Joyce Meyer's new Bible commentary on Ephesians is as gorgeous as her new commentary on James. These beautiful books are also quite helpful and practical to use.

Meyer starts out telling the reader about the writer of Ephesians, which is Paul, and the timeline in which it was written. I like Meyer's reminder that before we even start studying Ephesians we need to remember Paul's circumstances and the reminder that "no matter how difficult your life may be during certain seasons, remember to do all you can do to bless, help, and encourage others." If we would all remember this, I wonder how much better our world would be right now?

Meyer goes through the book of Ephesians slowly as a commentary should, but she also writes this book so one can easily understand it. I remember looking at some old commentaries years ago and feeling quite lost. Yet, with the Joyce Meyer Biblical Commentary, I think both new believers and those who have been in the faith for a long time would glean something from the study as she presents it in her books.

As a writer, I like the personal reflection space with questions and a journal area to write in the back of each chapter. Although I confess, I think these books are too pretty to write in, so I use a journal alongside my book. However, you choose to use it, it is helpful to have the questions to think about and to help reflect on the book and the commentary. I would recommend these commentaries to anyone interested in studying the Bible more seriously along with all of the regular Joyce Meyer fans.

This link from FaithWords offers more information:
https://www.faithwords.com/landing-page/ephesians-and-james-joyce-meyer/

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman