James: A Biblical Commentary by Joyce Meyer


James, A Biblical Commentary by Joyce Meyer is one of the nicest Biblical commentaries that I have used as a layperson.

This commentary on James is especially user friendly. In the introduction, Meyer tells about James--when it was written and some of the history behind this book and the man who wrote it. Joyce then goes on to break the book of James down into chapters and expound on each one. She also includes space to ask yourself questions and to reflect on what you have read.

Meyer's commentary on James is both beautiful on the outside and practical on the inside. The Biblical book of James is one of my favorites. I like her key reminder that we must have faith in God first and then we will do the good works that glorify Him. And that is the key, God is to get the glory and we are reminded that we don't and we need to have the faith to reflect Him to others. I truly appreciate Meyer's hard work to make this book so easy to understand and practical to use for the reader. I also like that there is space in the book to make notes and to remember my thoughts as I am reflecting on the book of James and her commentary. I highly recommend Meyer's commentary to anyone wishing to study the Bible in more depth.

This link from Faithwords gives more information on the commentaries:
https://www.faithwords.com/landing-page/ephesians-and-james-joyce-meyer/

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman