A Standard of Grace: A Guided Journal by Emily Ley


"I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection." This quote from the back of the book grabbed my attention. I smiled because I wish someone had given me this gorgeous A Standard of Grace guided journal by Emiliy Ley when I was a young mom.

A Standard of Grace is a journal designed to help readers to discover their hopes and dreams and to invest some time into themselves through prompts, short readings, quotes and Scriptures. It is divided into 52 weeks so the reader could do one a week through the year. However, it does not need to be started at any particular time and it could be done at any pace that works for the woman doing the work. Each of the 52 sections include a Scripture, a short reading and a question or prompt with space to write. There are also a lot of full color pictures throughout the book. A Standard of Grace is nicely bound with thick paper useful for using a variety of journaling pens. Each section includes ample space to write unlike some guided journals. There are also three colored ribbon markers to use to keep track of pages to refer back to. It is a truly gorgeous package all the way around.

I think a A Standard of Grace is a truly gorgeous guided journal. I like that it is so pretty and well made. I also like that the content matches the package. There are a lot of uplifting quotes in large letters with the pictures to see a quick note of encouragement when you need it. Then there is the thoughtful reading, Scripture and questions that could be so helpful to personal growth and encouragement. I truly wish I had had A Standard of Grace when my son was little. However, I think it would uplift and be a useful journal for women of any age. At the same time, I think this would make a nice birthday, personal bridal shower or personal baby shower gift. It would make a nice gift along with a pack of pretty pens and a few other goodies in a basket to remind the recipient to take time for herself. I highly recommend it. Everything I have seen from Emily Ley has been top notch in both content and quality design.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman