Reforesting Faith by Matthew Sleeth, MD


I grew up loving visits to my grandparent's farm and enjoying the outdoors, going camping in area parks, and just enjoying nature. With a lifelong love of nature and trees, I couldn't help but be drawn to Reforesting Faith by Matthew Sleeth, MD.

Reforesting Faith is divided into three parts: Laying the Groundwork, Seeds of Faith and Fruit of the Tree. Each section relates trees to the Bible and faith. Sleeth gives a lot of interesting facts about trees in general, but more specifically he shares a lot of information about trees in the Bible. He also shares some good stories from his work as a carpenter and as a doctor. Ultimately, he encourages people to have faith in the Bible and Jesus based on the information he shares about trees. He also makes the point that planting trees and helping the earth is part of our responsibility for caring for the earth as Christians.

I found Reforesting Faith to be an enjoyable read and also interesting. I liked Sleeth's facts on trees and especially information on trees in the Bible. He is a storyteller and tells some good tales from his life as a carpenter and a doctor, as well as sharing from the Bible. He shows some humor and lightheartedness in some places which I also enjoyed. At the same time, he shares facts and stories in such a way that they are easy to understand and relate to, as well as remember. I know my husband would enjoy this one and it might be a nice gift for the men in your life--especially as we are getting closer to Father's Day. I recommend it to anyone who has an interest in nature and gardening and can appreciate the faith element.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman